Cameroon: Here are the real reasons for Samuel Eto'o's retirement


Arrived in the emirate last August, after leaving Turkey, Samuel Eto'o announced in May 2019 that he remains at the disposal of the Qatari League. "I think I will stay for another year in Qatar, and then I'll see," he said during a trip to South Africa.

"At my age, I prefer to stay in Qatar. I am grateful to the Qataris for giving me the opportunity to play while planning my educational project, "added the former captain of the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon.

The quadruple African gold ball also spoke about his retirement, which will end when he can not give the best of himself."I have always said that I will stop playing as soon as I can not give the best of myself," he continued. Samuel Eto'o then swore he was going to stop his career no sooner than 39 years.

And pan! Samuel Eto'o who wanted to beat the record of Roger Milla who played at 42, announces his retirement at 38! In fact, the contract of the former Cameroonian international was not renewed by the Qatari club. Six months after his arrival, Samuel Eto'o left Konyaspor. The Turkish club had formalized the termination of the contract that bound him to the former striker Barça who had scored only 6 goals. At 37, the former Cameroon international was free and landed in Qatar. But the former goleador could only score 6 goals in 17 games, in a country where the Algerian Baghdad Bounedjah slams 59 goals in a single season.

Samuel Eto'o, who was the highest-paid player in the world with 20 million euros a year, when he was in Anzhi Makhachkala, had managed to sign a contract with Qatar Sports Club (QSC), which offered him 5 million euros for 10 months. The club did not find the need to extend it. The player, who had already played 14 clubs, could not find another base before the end of the transfer window. Hence the coincidence of the announcement of his career with the closing of the transfer window.

Legend of the Indomitable Lions, Samuel Eto'o ends his career, a few weeks after the end of his contract with the Qatar Sports Club. The 38-year-old forward has indeed announced the news on his Instagram account: "The end. Towards a new challenge.. Thank you all, big love. "


Source: coupsfrancs.com

 

Previous Post Next Post